Occupational Therapist - Post Concussion Management Program, Newton
Back in Motion is a multiple award-winning employer with a culture of excellence, mutual respect, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to people.
Our team members say they enjoy our flexible working conditions within an environment of growth and development. They truly value that we hire from within for new opportunities and leadership roles. Because our teams are diverse and inclusive, we believe we are stronger because of our unique experiences and perspectives. Mentorship, training, opportunities to contribute, and continuous support in our career and personal milestones are just a few standards that are most valued within BiM.
Work with us and with our amazing team to make a real difference in people’s lives.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Back in Motion visit https://youtu.be/T8pStdlgHM0.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Our Post Concussion Management Program (PCMP) is seeking two (2) full-time permanent OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS to work in the Newton, Surrey clinic.
Work Schedule: Day Shifts, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hrs/week
PCMP is composed of interventions that address the following:
- functional deficits resulting in challenges returning to work
- vestibular injuries, imbalance, dizziness and motion sensitivity
- physical impairments, fatigue, and pain as a result of neurological injury
- cognitive deficits and behavioural/personality changes
- emotional difficulties such as frustration, fear/anxiety, and mood changes
- medical issues associated with the injury or illness, such as musculoskeletal, neurological, vestibular, and/or substance abuse
- clients’ understanding of their head injury and the healing process
- Services are available in Richmond and Surrey.
Clinical duties include evidence-based assessment and rehabilitation services for clients who have sustained concussion, head injury, and/or mental health conditions. The goal of rehabilitation is to support clients return to work through in clinic and workplace interventions. The position involves cognitive assessment and intervention to address memory and attention deficits, functional assessment, graded work simulation programs, group and individualized education, goal setting, liaison with employers , clients, and referral sources, return to work planning and monitoring, and job site visits/job coaching. The Occupational Therapist will work on a team that includes Physical Therapists, Neuropsychologists/Counselors, Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapists, Physicians, and Kinesiologists.
The successful candidate will have excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize with a focus on customer service; and an interest in concussion and active holistic rehabilitation. Back in Motion is looking for an energetic team player who is registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia, and ideally has 2 years of experience with head injured clients or other neurological conditions. Less than 2 years of experience will be considered for the right candidate. Interest in vocational rehabilitation and musculo-skeletal conditions is also an asset. In clinic training/mentorship and continuing education funding is provided.
We offer industry-competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
In addition, the successful candidate will work in an Employee Recognized Workplace and offer the following:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start
- Sick leave
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting option
- 3 paid education days off per year
- Education allowance
- Maternity leave top-up (after 3 years of employment)
- RRSP matching (after 4 years of employment, working at least 22.5 hours per week)
- In-Services and other educational opportunities
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only those who meet the above requirements will be contacted.