Occupational Therapist - WSBC Services | Abbotsford
Back in Motion is a multiple award-winning employer with a culture of excellence, mutual respect, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to people.
Our team members say they enjoy our flexible working conditions within an environment of growth and development. They truly value that we hire from within for new opportunities and leadership roles. Because our teams are diverse and inclusive, we believe we are stronger because of our unique experiences and perspectives. Mentorship, training, opportunities to contribute, and continuous support in our career and personal milestones are just a few standards that are most valued within BiM.
Work with us and with our amazing team to make a real difference in people’s lives.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Back in Motion visit https://youtu.be/T8pStdlgHM0.
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Programs : Occupational Rehabilitation Program, ASTD Program, PTSD Program, and Community OT
Hours: Part Time to Full Time
Employment Status: Employee
Job Summary: Your primary focus will be on facilitating recovery, improving function, and promoting overall well-being for individuals with occupational injuries and activity-related soft tissue disorders.
Your work will include:
Clinical duties include evidence-based assessment and rehabilitation services for clients who have sustained a variety of work-related injuries and conditions. The goal of rehabilitation is to support clients return to work through in clinic and workplace interventions. The position involves functional assessment; graded work simulation programs; group and individualized education; goal setting; liaison with employers , clients, and referral sources; return to work planning and monitoring; and job site visits/job coaching. The Occupational Therapist will work on a team that includes Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Counselors, Physicians, Kinesiologists, and Case Managers.
- Related experience in areas of vocational rehabilitation, musculo-skeletal, Active Rehab/Exercise Therapy
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia and ideally 2 years of experience.
- Less than 2 years of experience will be considered for the right candidate
- In clinic training and mentorship is provided
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Sick leave – 5 days
- Education allowance
- Telecommuting option
- Flexible work schedules
- Signing bonus (for eligible positions)
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Up to 3 paid education days off per year
- In-Services and other educational opportunities
- Maternity leave top-up (after 3 years of employment)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start
- RRSP matching (after 4 years of employment; working 22.5 hours per week)
Apply online or submit your resume to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Back in Motion.