Occupational Therapist - PTSD Program | Abbotsford
Back in Motion is a multiple award-winning employer with a culture of excellence, mutual respect, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to people.
Our team members say they enjoy our flexible working conditions within an environment of growth and development. They truly value that we hire from within for new opportunities and leadership roles. Because our teams are diverse and inclusive, we believe we are stronger because of our unique experiences and perspectives. Mentorship, training, opportunities to contribute, and continuous support in our career and personal milestones are just a few standards that are most valued within BiM.
Work with us and with our amazing team to make a real difference in people’s lives.
To learn more about what it is like to work at Back in Motion visit https://youtu.be/T8pStdlgHM0.
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Program : PTSD
Hours: Part Time to Full Time
Employment Status: Employee
The OT will provide assessment and treatment to adults with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other trauma-related disorders. Treatment is provided in the clinic with some sessions occurring in the community and workplace.
Your work will include:
The successful candidate ideally has experience with desensitization and exposure therapy; return to work planning and implementation (including coordination with employers and third party payers); customer service and rapport building; and strong collaboration/ team work skills. The OT works closely with our interdisciplinary team that includes Psychologists, Clinical Counsellors and Kinesiologists.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- Ideally 2 years of experience with clients with mental health conditions or traumatic injuries
- Less than 2 years of experience will be considered for the right candidate
- Must have access to a vehicle, as travel across the Lower Mainland is required
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Sick leave – 5 days
- Education allowance
- Telecommuting option
- Flexible work schedules
- Signing bonus (for eligible positions)
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Up to 3 paid education days off per year
- In-Services and other educational opportunities
- Maternity leave top-up (after 3 years of employment)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start (clinicians and overhead)
- RRSP matching (after 4 years of employment; working 22.5 hours per week)
Apply online or submit your resume to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in Back in Motion.