Back in Motion Rehab is looking to hire a permanent, full-time Kinesiologist for our Surrey (Newton) Clinic.
Under the direction of the OR2 Manager, the Kinesiologist works within a multidisciplinary team and assist clients with return to work and improve their quality of life.
- Provides daily supervision and support to clients to implement and progress exercise and stretching programs as well as work simulation programs.
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative duties involved in the operation of the programs;
- Coordinates with facilities and purchasing for maintenance of gym equipment and supplies;
- May liaise with the employer and the worker, conducts on-site Job Site Visits/Return to Work
- Confirms job demands, develop a structured Gradual Return to Work (GRTW) plan, and monitor the GRTW plan to facilitate a successful outcome;
- Within the appropriate programs, communicate with referral sources (rehabilitation consultants, case managers etc.), as needed;
- Develops education schedule and scheduling clients for appointments with other team members;
- Participates in staff committees such as Health and Safety, File Review, Professional Development, or Steering Committee;
- Participates in special projects as they arise;
- May be required to provide education to community and professional organizations, and market existing programs and services;
- May be involved in providing either mentorship to other Kinesiologists and/or supervision to Kinesiology students.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Kinesiologist within a similar responsible role and in a related type of work setting.
- Knowledge and/or experience in evidence based orthopaedic, concussion, neurological or mental health practice with a strong emphasis on active rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of psycho-social aspects of disability an asset.
- Travel may be required to other locations in the lower mainland.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology or Human Kinetics or equivalent degree.
Memberships & Associations:
- Member of the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK).
Back in Motion offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a fun and collaborative work environment.
Why Work for Back in Motion?
Back in Motion has received recognition as an Employee Recommended Workplace 2018; excellent workplace (one of Canada’s Best Small and Medium Employers, Aon Hewitt, 2015 and 2016; AMSSA’s Safe Harbour Champion 2016; Richmond News Profile of Excellence 2013; Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award 2009 and 2018; Great Place to Work Institute Canada 2006-2008, including being named the #1 workplace in Canada in 2007). We are a growth-oriented company, and offer flexible working conditions, continuing education, and an environment for staff members to grow and develop.
Our corporate culture is one of excellence, mutual respect, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to people. We are a growth-oriented company, and offer flexible working conditions, continuing education, and an environment for staff members to grow and develop.